Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a Week!!

It has been a full and busy week with 4 different occurrences that deserve their own blog entry. By the way, Daniel just informed me that "Yesterday, Daddy was trying to set a piece of paper on fire using a magnifying glass." OH JOY!!! Make that 5 occurrences..... lol!!

Ok, strap on your seat belts, here we go on a whirlwind trip through our week.

Celeste has been doing a Horse Unit Study with a local lady once a week for 4 weeks and this last Tuesday, she finished up her course. She loved learning about horses and wants to get involved with them somehow. Mucking stalls is a good place to start, I think!! My cousin's girlfriend has horses so I think we will be spending time with Ashley this summer.
Here are the three girls that completed the course (all 8 years old). The one on the left with the red hair is Celeste's best friend, Mandy, then Celeste, then Emma a girl from out of town taking the course.
Here is Celeste with Ivan then Ivan being a goofball with Celeste.

After Celeste finished the course, we went out to lunch and surprised the kids with an overnight stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. It is 5 miles from our house and we watched it being built. My mom won an overnight stay through a local radio station and she gave it to us to use. The main attraction of the place is a H-U-G-E indoor water park. We had checked it out previously so the kids knew what it was all about so when my mom won, they went crazy. I had surreptitiously packed the bags and David put them in the car before we went to the horse class with Celeste. When we pulled in, the kids started going crazy. I video taped it but can't figure out how to download the videos off my camera into my computer. David will help with that one!! I did take a few pictures of the water park as we spent the majority of our time there. One night was not quite enough to do all that we wanted to do but we are thankful and grateful for our time there none the less.

This is the park from left to right. First the wave pool (with no waves going) and behind that, the "deep" pool at 3ft 6 inches. It had basketball hoops and balls, a lily pad crossing area and other floating things to climb on.

Next is the middle part where all the slides are. There are 6 slides ranging from medium to downright scary! The two older kids LOVED this section, and I don't mean David and Allison, though we enjoyed it too! It also has water fountains and such and if you notice the BIG bucket at the top of the picture, it dumps 1000 gallons of water every couple of minutes.

Then the area we spent most of our time, the kiddie pool. It starts from 1 inch to about knee length. It had two little slides and levers that turned water on and off, down at the bottom of the picture are jet skis (that don't move) and you turn the handles that are squirting water so you can get any one who happens to walk by. I wish I had taken pictures of our room, they upgraded us and it was a wonderful room. We were in the Grand Bear Suite and it was beautiful.


So that was Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday was also my birthday but I don't have any pictures of that. Thursday and Friday were spent with me in bed being sick - I suspect food poisoning but not for sure. Again, no pictures for that either - thank God!! Then today is Felix's 3rd birthday. We had a relaxed day with presents, cupcakes (his choice) and dinner that I haven't figured out yet, better get on that I guess!!


So here is Felix in all his 3 year old glory.

Whew!! What a week!! Celeste just informed me that Daddy is outside right now lighting a piece of paper on fire with a magnifying glass. Better go. Look for another post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment