Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girly Girl

I finally have some pictures of Celeste's Easter dress. It was store bought instead of home made but it still is cute and she liked it.

Here is the front.
Here is the back




Yes, her hair is curly and no, we didn't get a perm. My mom has taught me the lost art of rag curls. They give you Shirley Temple curls and you can make them big or small. The ones from these pictures are small curls and I will show you the before, during and after.

Before



During - not combed out

After - all combed out


Personally, I like the curls a bit bigger, this just reminds me of a poodle perm!! It does relax and you can always wet your hair and start again if it is not to your liking. We do rag curls from time to time as Celeste likes the look of curls but isn't ready for a perm. She is such a girly girl and a wonderful one as well.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm amazed at how much your little Celeste has grown up! Remember my little Amy & your little Celeste as BABIES playing together?!
    : ) It makes me smile just to think about it! I love how you did her hair, I'd love to know how you do it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She's such a big girl (are they really growing that fast?) and so pretty! I think her hair is darling (I had rag curls when I was little)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I've been doing rag curls on Melody and Elizabeth all wrong. Could you post a tutorial?

    Celeste's curls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete