Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sewing and Creating

I love hand work - hand quilting, hand sewing, embroidery, etc. I have been working on embroidery on and off for several years and seem to always have a couple of projects going. Actually, I seem to have lots of different projects always going. It is the finishing that takes perseverance. I finally finished some blue work. It is a table runner and 4 napkins. I am actually considering entering it into our fair this year. I have never entered anything into the fair but if I do, I will let you know how it goes. The table runner is rectangular with this same pattern at each end. I took a picture of only one end so you could see the details.

I got out my ironing board yesterday. I didn't want to use my mom's (for a good reason), so when I pulled mine out, I realized that the cover was stained and not usable. I remembered my friend Jona had a tutorial for making your own and I thought, ok, I will give it a try. It was so easy and turned out so cute. The hardest part was picking out the fabric to use. I should tell you though, that I did finish the ironing BEFORE making the cover. It was difficult to not be distracted and make the cover then never get to the actual ironing. I used a table cloth in the time between getting rid of the old one and making the new one. No, I did not hand sew this, I did use a sewing machine.


I am working on getting my quilt racks put together so I can start putting together all of my quilt tops with their backs and batting. I don't know the reason why, but feel like I am to have a stack of quilts ready to go by the fall. Summer is not my favorite time to be quilting but with a rack at least it won't be sitting on my lap while I work. I am enjoying this season where the kids are finally getting old enough that I can work on projects for a time. The list of projects is long so I had better get to work!!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your tablerunner and napkins. You should enter them into the fair, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete