Sunday, August 23, 2009

Southwest Washingon Fair

It was fair week this last week and did we have fun!! The kids and I love going to the fair. We look forward to it every year. This year, the kids even wanted a countdown of days until the fair. We love the rides (though the kids only got one ride a piece this year), the food (thanks family for sharing!), the animals - cows, goats, sheep, pigs, horses, rabbits, chickens and pigeons just to name a few - the vegetables, the flowers, the photos, the sewing and more, we saw it all.

At 5pm The Numbskulz played and ROCKED!! They are one of our favorite bands of all time - and they happen to be my cousins. The kids love listening to them play live and on their CD in the car. So here is a picture of The Numbskulz youngest fans!!

Felix couldn't make it the full hour of the concert. It amazes me how they can fall asleep during a LOUD concert, but drop a pin at home and they wake up!!

I just love this picture of the kids, especially how Daniel set up his lamby in the head of the lamb, of course!!

Now on to our entries and stuff. My family had a quilt that my great-great-grandmother had made and entered into our local fair, the same one we were attending. Well, a couple of years back, we found the ribbon and entry form to go with the quilt. Since this is the 100th birthday of the Southwest Washington Fair, I offered the quilt as a display item only. They put it up in a nice display in the front of the living arts building. It was very cool to see that and know that it was from our family. You can click on any of the pictures to see them bigger.

I had said earlier that I was thinking about entering some of my work in the fair. Well, I did and won a first place blue ribbon!! I am so thrilled!! I still don't know what I am going to do with the table runner and napkins. I made them just for fun not knowing where they will go or who to give them to. If anyone wants them, speak now and I will send them to you.
Celeste also entered a collection in the Living Arts building. She entered some of her tea set collection and won a first place blue ribbon!! She picked out what to do and how to set it up. I gave some ideas as did my mom, but we made sure that Celeste was the one to put it together. It was very hard to not take over. I just had to let go and let Celeste complete her vision. It turned out very nice. The lighting didn't turn out very well but click on the picture to see it a bit better.
We stayed at the fair until 9 o'clock at night, enjoying it all since it only comes once a year. We came home tired and excited. Everyone slept well that night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just knew you should have entered your work!! Congratulations to you and Celeste!! Beautiful displays and quilt. You should keep your tablerunner and napkins for Celeste. She will cherish them one day, I know I just love my grandma's and mom's linens. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete