Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday boys and one bag

Daniel and David just had their birthdays this last week. We celebrated Daniel's on his birthday but David was out of town for his. We ended up celebrating on the weekend. They both picked out their special dinners and dessert. Daniel picked homemade cheese pizza and fruit salad. For dessert, he picked out a rainbow speckled cake mix and frosting. It was delicious!! David picked out corned beef and cabbage and for dessert, apple pie. Again, another wonderful meal. It was great spending time time together as a family.



I tried my hand at making a bag yesterday. I had been thinking about it, found another bag that I used as a pattern/inspiration and just kind of winged it. Celeste helped me pick out the fabric - she picked out the zinnia one and I picked out the striped one to compliment. It didn't take me long to put it together and I am quite amazed at my achievement. I am so hopelessly lost at sewing without a pattern, that I had serious doubts about my ability to wing it. So here is how it turned out.



It is reversible too!!

It's a little bigger than I was expecting but for my first attempt, it will do. I can see me making more for different seasons, occasions......oh the possibilities are endless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment